If you're like me, you do pretty much everything via an ANT task. However, this has been problematic for me because after starting Tomcat via the Ant View in Jcreator, in order to muck with the lib (redeploy a newer jar for instance), I've had to close JCreator because Tomcat/JCreator 'locked' all of lib/*.jar.
I just found a solution (tested it and yea! it works) at the link below. I went the META-INF/context.xml route, and it worked for me. Hope this helps someone else, 'cause this has been bothering me for a bit now..
If Tomcat Has Ever Locked Your Lib Directory, Read This!
No replies to this topic