• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blaz0135

blaz0135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:26 AM

hi i have just started using java on my computer and i think i have already messed up the compiler when i first tried to compile a simple file so basically what is say in each box is below i know i have to change where it compiles to i just haven't figured out how to change that after about 2 to 3 hours of looking at it.

this is in the "Build Output" box:
CODE
--------------------Configuration: <Default>--------------------
Error : Invalid path, "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\javac.exe" -g -classpath "C:\Users\TS13JORDAN\Documents\JCreator LE\MyProjects" -d "C:\Users\TS13JORDAN\Documents\JCreator LE\MyProjects" "C:\Users\TS13JORDAN\Documents\JCreator LE\MyProjects\repeat.java"

Process completed.

and this is in the "General Output" box:
CODE
--------------------Configuration: <Default>--------------------
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: repeat
Exception in thread "main"
Process completed.

#2 cobby64

cobby64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

// Well first of all its obvious that your jdk path is wrong... its looking for javac.exe in you jre1.6.0 directory. Have you installed the development kit? without that you won't be able to compile java codes... and mind you this is different from the jre (java runtime environment

this is in the "Build Output" box:
[code]--------------------Configuration: <Default>--------------------
Error : Invalid path, "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\javac.exe" -g -classpath "C:\Users\TS13JORDAN\Documents\JCreator LE\MyProjects" -d "C:\Users\TS13JORDAN\Documents\JCreator LE\MyProjects" "C:\Users\TS13JORDAN\Documents\JCreator LE\MyProjects\repeat.java"

#3 blaz0135

blaz0135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

well thats what i thought but i wasn't sure and no i dont think i have unless it came with the installment when i installed java and also it for some reason said when i first tried to compile that i need to go to that file so i went to that file thinking it was the right one.

EDIT: ok i found that Development kit and i am getting it downloaded right now so idk if thats all i need but i will try!!!