4 replies to this topic

#1 pip8786

pip8786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:16 PM

When i compile jcreator gives me this error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

I checked to make sure the JDK is linked to jcreator,  and that the source files are all there. I've been using Jcreator forever and it just started doing this.

#2 MajinZ

MajinZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:11 PM

First try to re-configure the properties of JCreator... If this doesn't work, re-install the program... This should work...

Do you by any chance have a screenshot or something? Maybe then it would be a little more clear to me :-)

#3 E-E-R

E-E-R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Gaming, DC

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(pip8786 @ Mar 19 2005, 06:16 PM)
When i compile jcreator gives me this error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

I checked to make sure the JDK is linked to jcreator,  and that the source files are all there. I've been using Jcreator forever and it just started doing this.

View Post

Is it a compiler error (e.g. what do you see in the Build Output pane) or is it a message box.

Screenshot would of course be helpful, but not imperative ;)

I think we will need a little more information to help you solve the problem effectively
"Many are persistently in pursuit of the way they have chosen; few in pursuit of the goal"

#4 pip8786

pip8786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:34 AM

Here is the shot:
user posted image

I have already reinstalled and reconfigured (did that before posting).
This worked with this version of jcreator, but one day it just stoped working.

#5 E-E-R

E-E-R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Gaming, DC

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:02 AM

I just tried to break compiling in fourways:
1) deleting javac.exe, this gave an error, but it was different from what your error says.
2) deleting the parameters in my JDK Profile > compile, this gave just the output of javac that usually comes out if you call upon it without any parameters.
3) deleting the files just after clicking compile which gives:
error: cannot read: D:\Programming\java\RC5Stats\src\Member.java
4) putting some backslashes in the compiler attribute line, this generates at least part of the error you are getting, though it does not match 100% with your error:
javac: file not found: src_rc5stats.txt\blah (The system cannot find the file specified)

This leads me to think that it is a warning given by the compiler itself, and therefore probably the arguments somehow are not correctly set up.

click Configure > Options > JDK Tools
Select Compiler in the drop down menu on the right
select the compiling profile you use (probably '<default>') and click 'Edit' to the right of that list.

First verify the compiler path is correctly setup (I think it is, but just to be sure):
CODE
"$[JavaHome]\bin\javac.exe"

that is what it says here.

Verify that in the tab parameters are the correct parameters, by default they are:
CODE
-classpath "$[ClassPath]" -d "$[OutputPath]" $[JavaFiles]

I have set these up like that and it works for me.

Other things you could try:
in the compiler settings (see above) but then the first tab (Command) uncheck 'capture output', check 'show additional compiler info' and check 'show commandline' then repost what happens with your build output.
"Many are persistently in pursuit of the way they have chosen; few in pursuit of the goal"