3 replies to this topic

#1 adambrennan

adambrennan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

Ive just started using JCreator as part of my Computer Science degree, and its a great piece of software.

I was wondering (as I use an iBook as my main uni computer) are there any plans to port JCreator to the MacOS?

Thanks

#2 Phil^

Phil^

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(adambrennan @ Sep 28 2005, 09:28 PM)
Hi,

Ive just started using JCreator as part of my Computer Science degree, and its a great piece of software.

I was wondering (as I use an iBook as my main uni computer) are there any plans to port JCreator to the MacOS?

Thanks

View Post

It would be nice if it was ported to linux as well, although if worst comes to worst i suppose you could just put vmware on, and virtualiase a windows install. Dont know if vmware is available for the mac though

#3 adambrennan

adambrennan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:05 PM

I can run it in the virtual pc emulator, but that isnt ideal (cost + performance impact)

I was just wondering if there were future plans to port to mac, as they are becoming increasingly common again in education.

Perhaps when Ive finished my degree I could work for xinox on porting jcreator to the mac ;)

#4 aolszowka

aolszowka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:04 AM

I would also be intrested to see it for the mac, my school has a quite a few macs on campus (although our APCS lab is Dell) It would be nice to have something better than netbeans to use as an IDE on OSX