• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lordSauron

lordSauron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Dominating Middle-earth, enslaving all the free peoples and keeping my Silmaril stones nice and shiny.

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:48 PM

I noticed that in the version of JCreator before 3.5.x, there was a registery entry in JCreator's registery area under settings.  It said "Look 2000."  This refers to Windows 2000. If this bit shows true, flip it to make it false (make the 1 a zero).  Start JCreator and exit it.  There's a new registery entry if you refresh regedit (which reminds me; you can veiw and edit the registery using the Start-->run command and then typing "regedit."  The new entry is called "App Look."  It should read zero.  The zero makes it look like Windows 2000, however, if you make it a one...  It applies a skin similar to the skin seen in Microsoft Office 2003 when run on Windows XP computers.  This skin for JCreator works on Windows 2000 and XP; I haven't tried it yet on any other variants of the Windows platform.  In the version before 3.5, If you switched the "Look 2000" bit, you got a new check box in the "customize" menu under "options" tab.  However, in 3.10, when you exit, it doesn't save the change, and when you open JCreator again, it looks like Windows 2000 again.  This is something I noted in an email to Xinox, which told me that this skin is intended for JCreator 4.x.  I was the one who suggested making a registery entry to save the value of the check box.  I don't know about any of you, but I like the new skin, and with 3.5.x it sure is nice not having to click all those options to get the skin I like.  And no, creating the registry entry in 3.10.x doesn't work (I tried...)
Lord Sauron the Great
lordSaurontheGreat@gmail.com
JDK 6 Documentation - READ IT!  LOVE IT!  LIVE IT!
THOU SHALT GOOGLE BEFORE POSING THY QUERY!
If you're reading this you have given me control of your mind.
Why do accesses to your mind throw a "null pointer exception?"

#2 Sahisoft

Sahisoft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Computer science. What else? :-)

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

Wow! This is truly amazing, I was looking for something like this. Thank you :-)

#3 E-E-R

E-E-R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Gaming, DC

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

well.. I had trouble reading that due to the (lack of) layout so here I have summarized the starting post:

The key spoken of is to be found here (use regedit):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3\SettingsV4

Change AppLook to 1 for the 2003 look, 0 is the default 2000 look.

I'm going for The 2000 look though, I hope it will be available in 4.x and above :)
"Many are persistently in pursuit of the way they have chosen; few in pursuit of the goal"

#4 xinox

xinox

Administrator

• Admin
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:23 AM

Seems like someone is looking for easter eggs. ;)

The skin was an experiment and won't appear in its current state in any version of JCreator.

#5 lordSauron

lordSauron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Dominating Middle-earth, enslaving all the free peoples and keeping my Silmaril stones nice and shiny.

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(xinox @ Mar 24 2005, 04:23 AM)
The skin was an experiment and won't appear in its current state in any version of JCreator.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Don't take away my BEAUTIFUL SKIN!!!!  Even if it never becomes a full-fledged, marketed thing, PLEASE leave it in there for nut cases such as myself!!!!  PLEASEEEEE!!!!  <more sobbing would continue, but I'm not that fond of making a scene>

Lord Sauron the Great
lordSaurontheGreat@gmail.com
JDK 6 Documentation - READ IT!  LOVE IT!  LIVE IT!
THOU SHALT GOOGLE BEFORE POSING THY QUERY!
If you're reading this you have given me control of your mind.
Why do accesses to your mind throw a "null pointer exception?"

#6 Sahisoft

Sahisoft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(lordSauron @ Mar 24 2005, 04:42 PM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Don't take away my BEAUTIFUL SKIN!!!!  Even if it never becomes a full-fledged, marketed thing, PLEASE leave it in there for nut cases such as myself!!!!  PLEASEEEEE!!!!  <more sobbing would continue, but I'm not that fond of making a scene>

View Post

Woah woah woah, LordSauron, calm down, I'm sure you'll live through this "crisis" quite fine :-)
Anyway, I would also like to see the skin kept in future versions if possible (I really like it) -- even if it can only be accessed through the Windows Registry. :-)

#7 scalar

scalar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Sahisoft @ Mar 25 2005, 02:39 AM)
Woah woah woah, LordSauron, calm down, I'm sure you'll live through this "crisis" quite fine :-)
Anyway, I would also like to see the skin kept in future versions if possible (I really like it) -- even if it can only be accessed through the Windows Registry. :-)

View Post

I agree.

#8 ahand200

ahand200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

i also agrees, dont remove that nice 2003 look :)

#9 javaboy0606

javaboy0606

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any earlier version of JCreator than V4, so I can't try out this sweet option.

Though I don't know how either the 2000 Look or the App Look look like, I still think the people should have a voice and JCreator users aroung the world should have the multiple choices for how they want their JCreator program to look.

--javaboy0606

--javaboy0606

#10 johnthompson768

johnthompson768

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:09 AM

amazing ui,Anyway, I would also like to see the skin kept in future versions if possible.

#11 Sahisoft

Sahisoft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

lol, this thread is more than four years old (i'm one of the original posters from way back in 2005).
xinox, any plans for a ribbonized UI in JCreator 5.x?

#12 xinox

xinox

Administrator

• Admin
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

Unlikely, we tried a prototype, but it don't add any benifits. Ribbin toolbars are only good if the software has a lot of different feature sets.