• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kebbe

kebbe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

Does anyone know how to implement the node class for a 2,5 tree? or have an idea of what kind of class variables I would need in order to help with implementation?

#2 ami

ami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:16 AM

Hi Kebbe,

Please write what is "2.5 Tree". This document says that it's something from Artificial Intelligence, kind of model for a group of neurons, and gives lots of math equations. If so, the problem might reduce to rewriting those equations in Java language. There's a trouble though: are there any nice classes to integrate and differenciate in Java ?

Cordially,
Kamil

#3 kebbe

kebbe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (ami @ Nov 12 2009, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Kebbe,

Please write what is "2.5 Tree". This document says that it's something from Artificial Intelligence, kind of model for a group of neurons, and gives lots of math equations. If so, the problem might reduce to rewriting those equations in Java language. There's a trouble though: are there any nice classes to integrate and differenciate in Java ?

Cordially,
Kamil

Hello,

The (2,5) tree is the same concept of the (2,4) tree data structure in java except that it has an extra node as a child. It's for an assignment given to us in class and the professor chose this implementation because it's a rare implementation to find according to the  research I've done. We are given 4 methods to implement for this tree: find, insert, inOrder and remove. However, I won't need the implementation anymore because I won't be able to post the instructions since they're in pdf format so it's all good.

Greatly Appreciated though.