Anyone Has V2.5 For Resell?it Is The Fastest/best, Why No License Selling?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Retry

Retry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Anyone has JCreator v2.5 pro license for resell?
It is the fastest/best Java IDE in the planet.
Why XINOX do not sell license for it?
Really want to buy one of this legacy license.

#2 sn4p

sn4p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Yeah they should really go back to that version and add small enhancements. The latest version is like Vista, total crap. They need to do like Microsoft and create something like Windows 7 after the complete fail of Vista (JCreator 5).

#3 Retry

Retry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:01 AM

View Postsn4p, on 03 June 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

Yeah they should really go back to that version and add small enhancements. The latest version is like Vista, total crap. They need to do like Microsoft and create something like Windows 7 after the complete fail of Vista (JCreator 5).

We are on the same boat.
I have written an email to JCreator team about half a year ago to buy a v2.5 license and described why I wanted it:
"...
IMHO, your version 2.5 is the fastest IDE I've ever seen, it only consumes less than 8M memory, and can startup in one second (even less memory consuming and faster than EditPlus). This is the really strong point in Java IDE society, no matter how many features added in new version of JCreator, in case JCreator's going slow, people will definitely go with free and more abundant-featured eclipse and netbeans. It's really a big regret for me that there is no way to buy it anymore.
"
but seems they totally ignored user's opinions, then I bought IntelliJ IDEA afterwards.
If they had had a branch of version 2.5 and enhanced it a bit, they would have grabbed a lot more customers like me.

#4 xinox

xinox

Administrator

• Admin
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

No worries, we certainly do.

There will be a new edition of JCreator, it is basically the LE version with code-completion. It uses less memory than the pro, but you won't have features such as ANT, auto import and the debugger.

#5 Retry

Retry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

View Postxinox, on 14 June 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

No worries, we certainly do.

There will be a new edition of JCreator, it is basically the LE version with code-completion. It uses less memory than the pro, but you won't have features such as ANT, auto import and the debugger.

IMHO, the features of "new light-weight edition" should not be less than that 10-year-old v2.5 .
For example, if there won't be debugger feature, a memory dump should be provided.
In addition, features like -- the source code navigation(go to definition), javaDoc navigation ... should not be ignored as a usable product.

Cheers!