• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gerry

Gerry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hi I'm using JCreator version 3.50.011 because my book recommended it. Well. I'm having a bit of a problem. Not sure if its related to the version or to the computer. I have windows 7 64bit with admin rights on the computer. When trying to run my new project i get the following.

--------------------Configuration: MyNewProject - JDK version 1.7.0 <Default> - <Default>--------------------
javac: file not found: src_mynewproject.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)

Process completed.

I checked the projects folder and cannot find that file nor the project folder. But when i try to open such project from JCreator i can see the folder and all the files. The folder has a "lock" on it.. but in explorer i cannot see the folder. I made the folder display hidden files and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
-Gerry

#2 Xenophon

Xenophon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostGerry, on 17 September 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hi I'm using JCreator version 3.50.011 because my book recommended it. Well. I'm having a bit of a problem. Not sure if its related to the version or to the computer. I have windows 7 64bit with admin rights on the computer. When trying to run my new project i get the following.

--------------------Configuration: MyNewProject - JDK version 1.7.0 <Default> - <Default>--------------------
javac: file not found: src_mynewproject.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)

Process completed.

I checked the projects folder and cannot find that file nor the project folder. But when i try to open such project from JCreator i can see the folder and all the files. The folder has a "lock" on it.. but in explorer i cannot see the folder. I made the folder display hidden files and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
-Gerry

Hi there,

I was having the same problem with JCreator4 - installed JCreator5 and the problem was solved.   If you have a look at the download page on the main Jcreator website, only version 5 mentions being compatible with Windows 7.

#3 bca

bca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostGerry, on 17 September 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Process completed.

Thanks in Advance
-Gerry

You also have to make sure it is in the same Program Files folder as Java is installed in. If Java is in Program Files and JCreator is in Program Files(x86) then the files cannot be found either. The install on my windows 7 64 bit machine defaults to Program Files (x86). I changed it to go to Program Files and installed Jcreator there, which is same location as Java install. The file not found error then went away.

#4 phpgen

phpgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

by long path tool you can find the path specified

http://longpathtool.com/

#5 chuy

chuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

You have to go to configure then options an look for JDK profiles, in there delet the red options or select the ones in black and click on "up" until they are on the top. Y had the same problem and thats the way y solve it.