• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loga_102

loga_102

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi there, i think i need help, ive been searching for the solution and cant find it yet.

Im trying to learn Java, in the tutorial it asks me to right click the word System and then click Show JDK help in the following code:

class Displayer {

public static void main(String args[]) {
        System.out.println("You'll love Java!");
    }
}

But it appears in gray (cannot select)
Posted Image

Ive downloaded the documentation 1.6 and 1.7 too (one 1.7 didnt work and so i downloaded the 1.6), i paste it in C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7 (my windows is in spanish)

Posted Image

Ive already done the next steps on JCreator:
Configure-->Options-->JDK Profiles-->JDK version 1.7 and edit-->Documentation-->Add... there i selected the folder Docs on jdk1.7 and clicked OK

Thats all i think, please can help me enabling this feature, so i can learn this language.

Thanks

#2 rbennett

rbennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

I have the identical problem. I have also followed the same steps. Did you manage to solve it? Or does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

#3 nyccanuck

nyccanuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

docs

View Postloga_102, on 28 November 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

Hi there, i think i need help, ive been searching for the solution and cant find it yet.

Im trying to learn Java, in the tutorial it asks me to right click the word System and then click Show JDK help in the following code:

But it appears in gray (cannot select)

Ive downloaded the documentation 1.6 and 1.7 too (one 1.7 didnt work and so i downloaded the 1.6), i paste it in C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7 (my windows is in spanish)

Ive already done the next steps on JCreator:
Configure-->Options-->JDK Profiles-->JDK version 1.7 and edit-->Documentation-->Add... there i selected the folder Docs on jdk1.7 and clicked OK

Thats all i think, please can help me enabling this feature, so i can learn this language.

Thanks

I also do not have the option (greyed out).  But in all my time using JCreator I have never had to use this.
What are you trying to accomplish with this?
Can you not just go to http://docs.oracle.c...1.5.0/docs/api/ (go into All Classes / System) to get the desired info?
It may not be as per the instructions of your tutorial, but as far as I can tell it will get you to the info that you need.

This may not be the answer that you are looking for, but maybe it will work for your needs???
I do not believe that this is a configuration issue on your machine.
May be a functionality that JCreator / Xinox needs to correct in the software.