• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hitman374

Hitman374

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Starting to learn Java and the book I'm using is recommending JCreator.  Follow the instuctions for installation and cannot get the sample program/project to build.  When running the Build Project, I receive the following error:

--------------------Configuration: Chapter03_Example01 - JDK version 1.6.0_30 <Default> - <Default>--------------------
javac: file not found: C:\Program Files\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3LE\MyProjects\Chapter03_Example01\Mortgage.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

Process completed.

I'm running Windows 7 and reviewed some of the forums for this issue already.  I cannot seem to locate the problem.  Jcreator and the JDK are both installed in the C:\Program Files directory and the path appears to point properly in the Jcreator configuration.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,
Matt

#2 nujumkey

nujumkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

err it looks like you tried to get something from a nonexistant source file.
although im new too so i cant be 100? sure...

#3 nyccanuck

nyccanuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

View Postnujumkey, on 12 February 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

err it looks like you tried to get something from a nonexistant source file.
although im new too so i cant be 100? sure...

I would say that @nujumkey is correct.
Does your file exist in the path?
C:\Program Files\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3LE\MyProjects\Chapter03_Example01\Mortgage.java

#4 nueva

nueva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostHitman374, on 02 February 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Starting to learn Java and the book I'm using is recommending JCreator.  Follow the instuctions for installation and cannot get the sample program/project to build.  When running the Build Project, I receive the following error:

--------------------Configuration: Chapter03_Example01 - JDK version 1.6.0_30 <Default> - <Default>--------------------
javac: file not found: C:\Program Files\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3LE\MyProjects\Chapter03_Example01\Mortgage.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

Process completed.

I'm running Windows 7 and reviewed some of the forums for this issue already.  I cannot seem to locate the problem.  Jcreator and the JDK are both installed in the C:\Program Files directory and the path appears to point properly in the Jcreator configuration.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,
Matt

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to save your projects in a file that is not in the JCreator file. So maybe you can try saving your file in your regular documents folder.